We are committed to providing emergency care for pets day and night. If you have questions or concerns regarding your pet, please do not hesitate to call: Monday through Saturday, from 7 am-5 pm call 808-329-8999 and after these regular hours, contact the doctor on-call at 808-936-8797.
During & After Business Hours
Alii Veterinary Hospital
Get Directions | 808-329-8999
Hours of Operation
After Hours: 808-936-8797
At Ali`i Veterinary Hospital, our Kailua-Kona veterinarian team knows just how much you care about your sweet animal companion. In the moments of your pet’s greatest need, we want to be there to help. That’s why we’re proud to offer urgent and emergency vet services for cats and dogs.
Pet Emergencies We Treat
Thanks to specialized training, combined decades of experience, and innovative diagnostic and therapeutic technologies, our Kailua-Kona vet team delivers fast and effective emergency care for cats and dogs experiencing acute and/or life-threatening situations.
Pet emergencies we manage at our animal hospital include:
- Burns and wounds
- Pregnancy-related complications
- Injuries caused by trauma (e.g., hit by a car), including internal bleeding, bone fractures, and skin lacerations
- Orthopedic injuries including joint dislocations, tendon tears, and ligament sprains
- Bites from other animals
- Ingestion of foreign objects
- Accidental poisoning from harmful food, medications, plants, household chemicals, etc.
Whether your pet needs IV fluids, medication, oxygen supplementation, surgical intervention, or even a medical transfer to a specialty facility, we act with great care and focus to help your animal stay as pain-free and as comfortable as possible.
Signs of A Pet Emergency: When To See a Kailua-Kona Emergency Vet
It’s not always easy to tell if your pet is having a medical emergency. When in doubt, call for help. Our friendly emergency vet team can help you know whether to monitor your pet at home or bring them in for an evaluation.
Does My Pet Have Dental Problems?
Pet dental problems arise in dogs and cats of all ages, breeds, and sizes. Unfortunately, many types of dental problems, including periodontal disease, don’t have any symptoms early on. You may not notice anything concerning until your pet’s dental health problem reaches a more advanced stage. Advanced pet dental problems are usually more difficult and more expensive to treat—and usually much more painful for your pet!
The good news: our Kailua-Kona veterinarian team can identify early warning signs of pet dental conditions on a routine pet dental exam. Early detection and treatment help your pet avoid painful issues and can minimize costs. We generally recommend twice-yearly visits with the pet dentist to optimally protect your pet’s teeth and gums.
Here are some common signs of a pet emergency that should prompt you to call your vet:
- Sudden limping
- Persistent and/or bloody vomiting and diarrhea
- Difficulty breathing
- Bleeding from a wound or orifice
- Sudden collapse
- Unusual aggression, disorientation, or other atypical behaviors
- A known or witnessed life-threatening event, such as accidental poison ingestion or car accident
Are You Experiencing a Pet Emergency?
We are committed to providing emergency care for pets day and night. If you have urgent concerns regarding your pet or would like to contact an emergency veterinarian in Kailua-Kona, HI, please do not hesitate to reach out:
- Monday through Saturday, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. call 808-329-8999
- After business hours, call our doctor on-call at 808-936-8797